Liberon Finishing Oil is a blend of high quality oils for use on all interior wood, turned woodwork and wooden toys. It is suitable for use on worktops, kitchen tables and bathroom furniture and can also be applied to cork, stone and terracotta.
Ensure the surface is bare: remove any wax finishes with Liberon Wax and Polish Remover and any varnish finishes with Liberon Fine Wood Stripper. Clean, dry and ensure the surface is dust free. If required stain the wood with Liberon Palette Wood Dye before oiling.
Shake well before use. Apply a coat of Liberon Finishing Oil using a brush or lint-free cotton cloth. Allow the oil to penetrate for up to 10 minutes then wipe off all the excess with a clean lint-free cloth, before the surface dries enough to become sticky. Allow to dry for a minimum of 5 hours and apply more coats as required. We recommend a minimum of 3 coats. The more coats applied the higher the sheen and the more durable the finish will be. For best results gently rub with Liberon Ultra Fine Steel Wool between coats.
Furniture items may be finished with Liberon Black Bison Wax for an improved lustre.
Important: Oil finishes bring out the natural colours of timber. A wet surface will be an indication of the final colour. Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result.
Cleaning and maintenance
Surfaces may be cleaned using a damp cloth and spills should be wiped up immediately. For stubborn stains a mild detergent can be used. Surfaces need to be re-oiled once a year or more, depending upon usage.
Store Liberon Finishing Oil at a temperature above 5 °C. Always replace the lid otherwise the oil can deteriorate.
Oily cloths can self combust. Do not leave impregnated cloths in bundles. Before discarding lay them flat outside to dry to avoid a fire hazard.
If the excess is not removed and the surface becomes sticky, wipe with white spirit to remove the sticky film and allow to dry before continuing.
Finishing Oil is available in 250ml, 500ml and 1 L.
Health and Safety
Flammable. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not empty into drains. Use only in well-ventilated areas. If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label. Contains cobalt compound and methylehtylketoxime. May produce an allergic reaction.